February 19, 2005

Claybourne...is this the first podcast radio drama???

"Claybourne" is the The Podcast Network's latest show addition. It was a sci-fi / supernatural thriller / soap opera radio drama, recorded and broadcast nationwide in New Zealand in the late 1990s.

A total of 96 shows were produced by Andrew Dubber (who will be hosting one of our music shows for us) and Belinda Todd. It premiered on New Zealand radio in 1998 (1999 perhaps?), was made with the help of New Zealand On Air and also won an award as the Best Dramatic Production at the 1999 New Zealand Radio Awards.

Andrew Dubber has given us kind permission to syndicate the show at The Podcast Network, and I hope you really enjoy what is probably the first serialised radio drama podcast on the internet.

This is a really cool podcast and a fascinating concept...hopefully it will be the first of many "radio drama's" that we present.

Posted by Mick (SplaTT) Stanic at February 19, 2005 5:34 PM | TrackBack

Comments

Oh that's really a great one!

I never was much into radio drama, but the more I think about it I believe it always was this 'tune in at' thing which is totally taken with podcsat.

I don't mind if only once a week a show is made available, but I will receive it, I can listen to it at my will.

Posted by: Nicole Simon at February 19, 2005 8:43 PM

For the first radio drama ... Dragon Page has Tee Moris running, but this is not a produced radio drama like I asume this one is.

Posted by: Nicole Simon at February 19, 2005 8:44 PM

Since teh shows are onyl 5 minutes long...i'm still not sure how often i wil release a new show...hmmm....is one a week to long between 5 minute episodes???

Posted by: Mick (SplaTT) Stanic at February 19, 2005 9:33 PM

I wasn't aware at that point that they are so short. How long would you like it to be running?

Asuming you as expert have automated the posts and the according enclosure releases coming with them in the feeds, at a 3 times a week rate this would take a bit more than half a year to run through without too much work in front with the posts.

You might also spot for a special date for it to end with a special run down (one show each day)

For listeners to tune it, I think hard dates like Mon / Wed / Fr could be good dates (and please add a link to your new made tool: "if you click on this link we will show you what this date and time means in your local timezone)

Why not ask the public and make the first tpn poll? What is the accomplishing "media strategy" for it, with publication dates of sf magazines? are you the expert for such things or what? ;)

Posted by: Nicole Simon at February 20, 2005 9:19 AM

I'll probably release three shows a week.

A timezone tool???...Everyone kows that the only real timezone is on the east coast of Australia Nicole...its called the G'day World Timezone... ;)

When i finish the "real homepage" for TPN, it will have the abilty to do polls and all sorts of stuff...but...all good things take time :)

Thnx for the comments Nicole..

Posted by: Mick (SplaTT) Stanic at February 21, 2005 11:03 AM

I don't have a problem with that being the only real timezone, I have a problem with calculating it from my side! Heck, I am the girl who thought she could calculate 5+8 without pocket calculator in her school exam and made 11 out of it - with mathematics as her major. Any more questions why I need a little tool? ;)

But I will take my Tungsten and use the world clock thingie for the first time in my live and add Syndney to it. :)

Posted by: Nicole Simon at February 21, 2005 8:45 PM

Articles and resources about radio

Posted by: Jenna Brooks at April 26, 2005 7:16 PM

Anyone know where I can read up on more info on this

Posted by: first time at November 16, 2005 1:36 AM

Dramapod.com is a directory where you can find, listen to and review new podcasted audio drama, including science fiction podcasts.

Posted by: Dramapod at June 15, 2006 6:49 AM

Hi I am a script writer from South Africa. I do radio drama. would you be interested in having a look at some of my scripts. kindly let me know.

Kind Regards